If you are selling something on Amazon, then you must be familiar with our topic of discussion. Jungle Scout v/s Helium 10 – the two tools used by many Amazon sellers all across the globe and there is so much ongoing debate when it comes to choosing one.
These days, anyone can become an Amazon FBA seller by signing up for the program but do you know that around 73% of Americans who sell on Amazon use the FBA program? And if we start paying attention globally, the number would be huge.
So what I am saying here is that becoming an Amazon FBA member is an easy task, the tougher task is making it a successful business.
This is why many Amazon businesses use tools like Jungle Scout and Helium 10 to optimize their sales. But what comes as a daunting task is to select the best tool that can help you maximize your Amazon sales.
But you’re just here to find the answer for Helium 10 v/s Jungle Scout, then the overall best choice is ‘Helium 10‘.
To know more details about both the tools, I would like you to scroll down and read the details which I am about to share.
Table of Contents
A Brief Overview of Jungle Scout and Helium 10
Many marketers who sell stuff on Amazon find the task of locating the right product daunting. If you are selling stuff on a platform, you want it to do justice with your business by generating high profits. But how can one be sure if the product is going to be successful or not?
Choosing the best selling items for any store (or) for any platform has been always a tough task and today with such a variety of products available in the market and an increase in competition. It just makes more sense to go with data provided by such tools.
On one side, we have, Jungle Scout which is your go-to guy if you are looking for a fantastic product research tool. The tool will do all the heavy lifting and create a list of products that can be your gold mine. I am no one to claim Jungle Scout’s amazing work, but it is a tool that helped Joshua Crisp of The AMZ Formula to generate over 10 million in the 3-4 years.
On the other hand, we have Helium 10, which is known to be a one-stop destination for all Amazon seller’s needs. By using this tool, you can manage your whole Amazon business from A to Z within one dashboard and you would barely notice any hiccups.
Let’s learn about both the software in detail one by one.
Helium 10: Features, How It Helps, Pros & Cons
Helium 10 is a set of 10+ tools that can help Amazon FBA sellers to enhance their sales. Most successful and serious sellers on the platform prefer this platform. Because it is jam-packed with a combination of dozens of tools that quickly can determine keyword ranks, identify trends, identify competitors, and optimize their lists.
Anyone can use this tool to find unique product ideas and gain insights into the industry by studying and evaluating the products for more information.
The capabilities of Helium 10 take out the guesswork and legwork that accompany being an Amazon seller.
Features of Helium 10
Let’s flashlight the features of Helium 10 that are praised by most of its users.
1. Black Box – The first step of selling is product research. All your efforts will be in vain if you don’t have the right product to sell and this is where Balck Box of Helium 10 comes as a god sent.
It is one of the recommended tools of the software. Using Black Box one can easily find the right product in their niche. The tool employs clever filters and tactical data that help you identify new product lines that are tailored to your specific requirements.
With this tool, any product’s typical sales volume, price, and competitiveness can be rapidly analyzed on Amazon, thus enabling you to finish weeks of research and testing in seconds. You could even save and organize your discoveries into separate lists so that you don’t miss anything at all in the future.
2. Trendster – The second tool of Helium 10 which is getting so much traction is Trendster. As the name speaks volumes, this tool of the Helium 10 keeps you on top of any trend. If you think that having the right product is all you need, then let me burst that bubble for you.
There have been products on Amazon which are sold at most seasonally and sometimes few products go viral for only a period of time, maybe weeks (or) months. Hence this is where Trendster comes into the picture. The tools allow you to examine item seasonality and also let you know if they are rising (or) decreasing over time.
Here all you have to do is after selecting the product, you have to check its demand in Trendster by entering the ASIN number. The tool will provide all the insights about the product.
3. Magnet – Once you are done with Trendster then you need to have a proper keyword research tool so that you can rank your product on the platform and when it comes to keyword research tools, you can’t overlook Magnet as a potential keyword finder tool.
It has the highest collection of Amazon keywords. It’s simple to identify strong keywords related to the listing, and the suggestions are so extensive and diverse that you’re almost certain to uncover something you hadn’t considered before.
The best part about this tool is it only uses keyword data extracted from Amazon. This means your investigation won’t be muddled by unrelated web traffic, which could reduce the effectiveness of your keyword term on Amazon.
4. Cerebro – Cerebro is a reverse ASIN research tool that allows Amazon sellers to input any ASIN and discover what keywords competitor products currently rank for. Also, it acts as your special keyword tool from where you can discover your competitor keywords and know their strategy. Apart from that it also helps you to optimize your product listing to boost your sales.
There is something called the CPR (Cerebro Product Rank formula) IQ, which is a ratio between search volume and competing products of a specific keyword. If the number is high, then you have very low competition for your keywords and that could prove to be a game-changer for Amazon sellers especially when they are looking to diversify their sales with multiple products (or) even if they want to count on one product.
Hence I think, Cerebro is somewhat a competitor analysis tool for your product research which can come in handy especially when you are in such a crowded seller market like Amazon.
5. Scribbles – List optimization is an important part. Many times we forget to insert important keywords in our product which can harm our product ranking. To help you with that, Helium 10 came up with Scribbles.
The tool assists with the list development process and ensures that no crucial elements (or) keywords are overlooked. It also saves versions of your prior listings so you can contrast them and change them back quickly if needed.
Further, it will keep track of “unutilized keywords” and mark those off just as you write them, ensuring you don’t overlook any of them with a high probability of generating a lot of traffic.
6. Refund Genie – The one tool which is a real relief for many sellers on Amazon is Refund Genie. If you are selling on Amazon for quite a long time then you must be aware of the pain of reimbursement and refund. The whole process is a real headache and honestly, no seller wants to do it as the FBA refund procedure is a nightmare.
Refund Genie is an excellent tool because it automates the process and ensures that you will get your funds back as soon as possible with no effort. The tool connects directly to the Amazon account, allowing you to identify and demand reimbursement for any broken goods.
FBA reimbursements will be investigated using automatic technology for various reasons. After that, the application will produce a comprehensive description that may be provided to Amazon to help with the process.
The Helium 10 has many more features, but here I have mentioned the ones which are admired by most of its users.
How Does Helium 10 Help?
Now comes the part where I will disclose how Helium 10 helps any Amazon seller. To use the product, first, you obviously need to register. You’ll be taken to the Helium 10 interface once you’ve completed the registration process.
It may not appear very clear at first, but you’ll observe a title bar, a left sidebar, and tool info boxes in the center of the page. Anyhow once you start using Helium 10, you will soon understand how it works and what sort of leverages it offers, like:-
- Product research – The tool has a product researching tool named Black Box and Xray (Chrome extension) that helps you research your product and also helps to find the relevant niche. You may hunt for private label products which meet your specialty, price, category parameters, and more using Amazon’s Helium 10.
- Keyword research – For keyword research, they have Magnet and Cerebro. These tools aid you in improving exposure to the Amazon FBA product listing by focusing on keywords that are frequently queried.
- Keyword processor – They offer a powerful tool named Frankenstein for keyword processors. This tool analyses and sorts the keyword findings using a number of output settings, including de-duplication filters, deleting unnecessary characters and phrases, and ensuring your ranking by demand.
- List optimisation – For keyword list optimisation, it has Scribbles. Purely by driving more visitors to the listing, the tool boosts the revenues and helps you improve your Amazon seller business.
- Index checker – This tool keeps an eye on keywords. It simply enables all sellers to quickly determine which one of their frontend and backend keywords are commonly searched by Amazon.
Further, it has marketing and sales analytics features to keep you on top of everything. Thus this is the reason is why Helium 10 is considered a serious long-time Amazon seller because it offers everything.
Pros and Cons of Helium 10
Pros of Helium 10
- The software cut backs the need for multiple software and tools to rule the Amazon marketplace. It is a one-stop destination.
- With the help of this tool, you can keep an eye on product launches and upcoming trends. Hence which can help you apply a handful of tricks to make your product launch a huge success.
- Helium 10 along their tool, they sell their famous ‘Freedom Ticket’ training and a course on Amazon FBA which resulted in $370 million Amazon sales for their students, which is still active.
- Also Helium 10 offers a free chrom extension to help you get access to relevant data even while browsing.
- The best part of the software is it comes with a free plan for all of its users. So you don’t have to rush into buying plans.
Cons of Helium 10
- If you go with a starter plan, then you will come across restrictions on features.
- The tool might seem hard to many users, but there are various documentations and training available to ease the process of learning.
- Multi access login is only available in higher plans.
Jungle Scout: Features, How It Helps, Pros & Cons
Jungle Scout is one of the amazing research tools for sellers on Amazon out there. Greg Mercer created the software in 2015. It is an Amazon FBA tool that can help sellers with anything from discovering an item to locating a vendor to optimizing a product catalog, optimizing operational analytics, inventories, and much more.
It has the proper options for a market research tool that is data-driven. In fact, it is said that their data is 84% accurate and which is the highest among all the product research tools in the market including Helium 10.
Now, if you think that you can do wonders on Amazon without needing any assistance from data, then there might be a time to think about it.
There are many sellers on the platforms, and tools like Jungle Scout provide you with the opportunity to stand out. It avoids all the manual research, which can take you days.
Features of Jungle Scout
Some of the features of Jungle Scout that almost every seller loves are mentioned below.
1. Product Tracker – The very important and messy part of every business is product research. But what if you get the tool where you can centralize all your product research? Then it will be like a walk in a park and a product tracker is one feature which smoothens the process.
There is one amazing tool’s features, where you can easily organize and group different products and compare them to generate ideas. You can also drag and drop products inside a product group to adjust their order and customize columns to see the information that appeals most to business.
Not just this, you can easily export your own product excel list into the tool and carry out thorough research on your products before promoting them on Amazon.
2. Opportunity Finder – Often people say, ‘Riches are in Niches‘ and it is in fact true when it comes to eCommerce business. As a seller (or) a brand your product will be always representing a niche and it would be fair to assume that niche research is something that is as important as product research.
Hence here, Jungle Scout offers an opportunity finder that turns your keyword into a market segment and lets you see in-depth data on sales performance, emerging trends, and competitive insights. These insights can reveal a promising product niche for your business.
Opportunity finder lets you find the top 25 products in each niche and the best part is that you can monitor the performance of each product by looking at the tracking details.
However, Opportunity finder gives out a ‘Niche score’ of each product which is measured on the basis of product demand, competition, and listing quality to predict a keyword’s success on Amazon.
Hence by analyzing your keywords, products, and niches through Opportunity finder, you can come up with a promising product strategy.
3. Keyword Scout – Keyword scout is the close clone of Cerebo from Helium 10. Similar to Cerebro, it lets you find the promising keywords through reverse-ASIN searches and the best part here is that you get to look into the data from two years related to any keyword.
Thus Keyword Scout lets you look into the:-
- Keywords which your competitors are ranking for
- Keywords which can drive you SEO traffic and has lesser product listings
- Keyword which can save money on your PPC campaigns
As you can see, along with the keywords, you’re gonna get historical data of each keyword. This means you can leverage this information to generate a full picture of product trends, adjust PPC campaigns, and optimize listings. Thus helping you redefine your strategy.
4. Rank Tracker – Keywords would be nothing if you won’t keep track of it. This is where the rank tracker feature comes into action. By using this tool feature, you can keep an eye on the keywords that are doing great and driving sales. Not only that, but you can also find potential keywords.
Further, you can discover which keywords have a proven track record of success and which ones miss the mark. To discover the most important keywords that determine your ranking approach, use predefined filters to maximize table-data evaluation. Moreover, you can easily examine and evaluate past ranking patterns, such as those from the very last 30 to 45 days, or examine a specific timeline.
5. Reviewing Automation – Reviews are the most crucial element for product success. The very first thing a buyer does while buying the item is going through its review section. If he finds a positive and genuine review then he is much likely to make a purchase.
So getting reviews is crucial, and this is why the reviewing automation feature of the software is a real gem. You don’t have to waste time by manually requesting a review. The tool will work on your behalf. It will immediately send review requests to all the eligible orders, not just one.
6. Sales Analytics – At the end of the day, you want the centralized dashboard from where you can monitor sales, profit, and everything that keeps your business afloat, and the sales analytics feature of the tool does the same. From here, you get all the respective knowledge of how your business is doing.
You can track Amazon fees and also monitor your profit. It covers all the basic things such as how many units are sold, net margin, and return on investment. Further, it will help you with hidden charges, operational costs, spot patterns, and handle taxes, among other things.
How Jungle Scout Help?
Now comes the part on how to use Jungle Scout and how it helps you. Using the software is like a breeze. To get started, all you need to know is the three major sections of the toom which are:-
- Lets you know your products – The first step of selling is knowing what you are going to sell. This is where the product research feature of the tool comes into action. It will help you analyze the product with maximum profit. All you have to do is select the product database and set your filter based on product category and countries, and then it will generate the list of items you can sell on the platform. Other than this, you can take advantage of niche hunters that will help you shortlist the list of products based on your niche.
- Lets you know your suppliers – When you are done with the product you are going to sell, then the next thing you will need is the supplier that can provide you with necessary information about a product and how to get in touch with the manufacturer. To help you with that, the supplier database comes into action. It has a massive list of vendors (or) suppliers.
- Keyword Research – To sell your product, you need to first rank on the platform, which won’t be possible without the keyword research tools. This tool has multiple such features which will help you generate the list of keywords for which you can rank your product and it’s all dependent on the data.
Pros and Cons of Jungle Scout
Pros of Jungle Scout
- The very thing which is loved by most of the Jungle Scout users is its top notch customer support. The staff is readily available 24/7 to help users.
- Simple and easy-to-use tool interface.
- It is the only tool available in the market that has legit and tons of supplier database.
- The next thing which makes us bow to the tool is its in-depth search volume data for the every product’s keyword.
- One can also track the performance of the product using the tool.
Cons of Jungle Scout
- The very first thing which is a bummer for many users is it doesn’t have any mobile version/app since most of the users prefer to use Jungle Scout on mobile.
- The basic and lite version of the tools has restrictions on their features.
- Managing inventory using the jungle scout tool is a bit tricky especially when you have thousands of products.
- Their chrome extension is charged sperately from their regular plans and that clealry makes no sense.
6 Comparisons Between Helium 10 vs Jungle Scout
As you got all the information about both the software. So let’s focus on the question in a circle, which is the regarding best Amazon selling tool in between Helium 10 vs Jungle Scout.
The process of picking one can be a little daunting as both the tools are ruling the market.
So to pick the best one, I have compared both the tools based on some points. Let’s dive deep into it and decide which is the best software to go with.
1) Comparison based on features
Based on the features, I have reached the point that Helium 10 offers the most features. From finding products to optimizing listings for higher rankings and generating more sales to managing your store and getting refunds, you name it Helium 10 covers everything, and no doubt in terms of features Helium 10 takes the advantage.
However with Jungle Scout, the tool is way easy to use, and it helps you to land a successful product.
The features of Jungle Scout helps you estimate the sales volume of the product. This tool offers you a good indication of the specific product and the profit margin you can expect. This saves a lot of time and allows smaller merchants to grow their Amazon operations more quickly.
In a nutshell, if you are just starting as an Amazon seller, you’re on a budget, and only need a tool for product research then you must go with Jungle Scout, and the tool won’t confuse you.
But again, if you are an experienced seller on Amazon, have a good budget to invest in all-in-one suite tools. Then Helium 10 is the one for you.
2) Comparison based on pricing
Both the product research tools have different plans when it comes to pricing. Let’s first learn about the Jungle Scout pricing plans. It has three plans mentioned below:-
- The very first plan is basic, which costs $29/m with a single-user license.
- Next, they offer a Suite plan which costs $49/m with all the basic features.
- Lastly, they had a professional plan that costs $84/m, covering all the Suite plan features.
On the other hand, Helium 10 has five plans which are mentioned below:
- The starter plan costs $37/m with access to all main features.
- Next, they have platinum plans that cost $97/m with full access to single users.
- Further, the diamond plan costs $197/m with everything that comes in the platinum plan.
- Moreover, they have an elite plan tailored to the user’s needs, which costs $397/m.
- Lastly, the enterprise plan is quotation-based.
As you can see, Helium 10 has more pricing options than the needs of individuals.
But the thing that makes Helium 10 a clear winner is its free plan and the 30-day money-back guarantee option.
3) Comparison based on chrome extension
Both the software offers Chrome Extension. With the Jungle Scout’s chrome extension, you can integrate product database, supplier database, keyword scout, Accu Sales estimate, and all within the chrome extension.
Apart from this, the most useful feature of the Jungle Scout chrome extension is the ability to determine the finest item in each niche instantly.
However, with the Helium 10 chrome extension, you can easily integrate ASIN grabber, review downloader, Xray, profitability calculator, etc., inside the extension.
But the thing which keeps Helium 10 stand tall is that it offers a free Chrome extension along with its regular plan whereas Jungle Scouts charges its users separately for their own chrome extension.
4) Comparison based on user experience
User experience is the deciding factor of any product’s success. If the users find the tool very complex to use, they won’t recommend it and the same goes with Helium 10. The software is swamped with features and as soon as a customer logs in to the dashboard, he might get overwhelmed by those options.
The interface is a little complex for newbies and beginners. Being said that it gets easier as you understand the tool’s navigation but to be honest it’s not a deciding factor while purchasing Helium 10.
However, the Jungle Scout interface is very easy and clean, and people shouldn’t find any difficulty in using it.
So the Jungle Scout is the true winner in the user experience department.
5) Comparison based on support & resources
Accept that nobody is a genius, and we often come across situations where we need help from experts. This is where the support staff of both tools comes into action.
Customer service at Jungle Scout is great, as it is provided by Amazon seller specialists, and they are accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week. More than 20 customer service staff address product-related concerns, as well as inquiries about Amazon policies, upgrades, and adjustments, ensuring that sellers get all of the knowledge they need to start and run an online store.
When it comes to Helium 10 they have a training academy that teaches its users how to utilize the Helium 10 software. It also offers a Freedom Ticket program, characterized as a hands-on, technological run down about how to sell on Amazon.
However, it is only accessible to the company’s highest-paying clients. Further, they also conduct live sessions and classes for the other sellers.
In customer support and resources, Jungle Scout is very much efficient and it’s the clear winner.
6) Comparison based on customer ratings
Customer reviews are everything. To define the clear winner, we have to focus on ratings of both the software on major reviewing platforms like Capterra and Trustpilot.
Jungle Scout got a rating of 4.7 with around 2500+ reviews on the Capterra and Trustpilot. However, Helium 10 got the rating of 4.3 on Trustpilot with 100+ reviews and 4.6 on Capterra with 70+ reviews.
So in the customer’s reviews department, it’s a little harsh that we don’t have enough reviews to compare but however, Jungle Scout has the huge edge here.
Before telling you the winner (Whom am I kidding?), I would like to share that both Jungle Scout and Helium 10 are worth every penny and it depends on individuals to choose the best Amazon seller tool for them regarding where they are in their Amazon selling journey and how specific are their requirements.
Anyhow from all the above comparisons, I think the ideal winner of this Helium 10 v/s Jungle Scout is ‘Helium 10’. But if you’re a Jungle Scout lover who wants a distinguished recommendation to make your tool value clearer. Then I would say that,
Helium 10 is best for those:-
- Who are serious Amazon sellers with good budget
- Who want to operate from one dashboard
- Who want to leverage abundant features
Whereas Jungle Scout for those:-
- Who want a tool specifically and only for product research
- Who have lesser budget and probably are new to Amazon selling
- Who want accurate data regarding their products and keywords