How to delete a blog on blogger?
Blogger was one of the earliest free blogging platforms that revolutionized the world of blogging. Many bloggers and online marketers use Blogger to create exciting content. It allowed users to create a large number of free blogs without them having to worry about other things like hosting, website development etc.
However, if you have decided to delete a blog on blogger, there must be an underlying reason to support that decision. Deleting a blog on blogger is not a tough task. You just need to follow some simple steps to be able to delete your blog on your blogger account. In this article on ‘How to delete a blog on blogger’, I will take you through a journey of deleting the blog as well as restoring a blog on blogger if you accidentally removed it.
So, Let’s get started!
How to delete a blog on blogger in 3 simple steps
Deleting a blog on your blogger account would lead to its permanent removal. Therefore, it is advised to back up all your blog content as well as themes in case you would like to revisit them again in the future. Backing up the blog content and theme would allow you to keep a copy of it while you can still delete the original.
Here backing up your blog content includes posts, pages, and comments. In order to back up your blog, follow the instructions given below:
- First of all, you would require signing up on your blogger account using your Google credentials. If you have forgotten your password, you can by reset your blogger account password clicking on the forgot password button.
- Once logged in, you have to ‘Select’ the blog which you want to delete and create a backup of.
- To do that, you need to visit Settings and choose others.
- Find ‘Import and Backup’ Menu and click on ‘Import content’ which will save your content on the computer.
FAQs about deleting a blog on Blogger
How to delete a blogger account without email?
If you want to delete an old blogger account but can’t remember your email or can’t access it, you can first try to recover it using the ‘Forgot password’. From there, you can recover the email by answering some of the questions. Once the email is recovered, you can subsequently recover the password and then go on to delete the blogger account.
How to recover permanently deleted blog on blogger?
You can recover a permanently deleted blog on Blogger only if the blog was indexed on search engines before it was deleted. If it was indexed before deletion, you would require two tools to start the recovery process.
- Wayback Machine
- Google Web cache
How to download a Blogspot blog?
To download a Blogspot blog, you need to follow the given instructions below:-
- Visit your blogspot homepage using the credentials provided by google and click on ‘More options’ for the blog you want to download.
- Now click on ‘settings’ and click ‘other’ from the menu. Now click on ‘Export blog’.
- Now, click on ‘Download blog’ and it will open in a pop-up window. Click on ‘save file’ and then ‘ok’ to download it on the computer.
How to delete my blogger account permanently after deleting my blog?
Once you delete all your blogs in your blogger account, you would have cleaned the account so much that the blogger account would not exist.
How to block a blogger account?
- Sign in to your blogger account.
- Click on the ‘Followers’ link below the ‘Manage Blogs’ menu. This will open the list of blog followers.
- Now, click on the blogger account you want to block. Click on ‘Block this user’ and then on block to block the blogger account.
How to remove a blog URL from the Google Search results?
To remove a blog URL from the Google search results, follow these simple instructions given below:-
- Identify which URLs to remove and copy their URLs. you can also delete the blog so that the search would yield a 404 error.
- Now visit Google Search consoles page and sign into your account using Google credentials.
- Now, add your blogger site as a New Property. Verify your ownership using methods listed here.
- Once the verification is complete, you must add other properties or all variations.
- Now, select the property of your domain that you want to remove.
- Select Google index and then select ‘Remove URLs’ to remove URLs from Google search.
Deleting a blog on blogger is a tough decision to make as it requires all your efforts to create and manage it. Now, in this blog, you have understood how you can delete a blog on blogger, restore it within 90 days and recover it if it is permanently deleted using a web cache.